Monday, June 11, 2012

YGT: Singing in the Rain (A New Baby!)

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 
Matthew 5:45b


In life, there are moments of intense pain, loss, and tragedy; the car accidents that rob parents of children or the diseases that stubbornly evade a cure.  Then there are moments of great joy; walking across a stage at graduation or the birth of a child.


In my family's life, we have recently experienced great pains and great blessings.  We continue to hope for relief for our Granny's Alzheimer's.  Like many, there always seems to be more month than money.  At the same time we are also celebrating the news that we're having another baby soon... (wait, what?!) Yes, we're pregnant!!!!!


Of course, this is AMAZING news.  We're overjoyed and can't wait for the next addition to our family (who is due this December).  However, it's sobering to remember that many people don't have the opportunity to have children, have complicated pregnancies, or struggle to raise their children.  How can I be ungrateful about what happens in my life when I've been so blessed?  If I don't complain about the joys why do I complain about the pains?  (Many of my complaints could likely be classified as "first world problems" - thanks T.K.)


When disappointment rains down, rather than opening an umbrella of pity, why not just let it fall on us?  If it's gonna fall anyway, why not try singing in the rain?  I sing because relief is on the way.  I sing because rain is a sign that God is still on the throne.  I sing because new life is on the way!  


So, back to the title... when it rains, open your mouth and sing!!!  Need a song?  How about the classic "I Won't Complain".  Here's a version by John Legend...




Lord, please forgive us for complaining about what we go through when others suffer so much.  Thank you for the gift of a new life.  We're blessed to be stewards of Your glory.  Please reveal Yourself to us again.  Until we see Your face, we'll be singing while You reign... Amen.




Saying thank You Lord,
j.a.g.

No comments: