Tuesday, November 27, 2012

YGT: Dancing with My Eyes Closed

*I dedicate this post to my sister Jessica. 
 We spent many nights dancing in the kitchen. 

Those are some of my happiest memories.







A part of the allure of writing is the ability to document sadness.  
Sometimes though, you just need to be happy.  


This past weekend, I had a euphoric reminder of the joy that life can bring.  Ashley and I listened to some R&B and I just danced...  For no reason at all...  If you're like me, sometimes when you're dancing and the music feels good, you close your eyes.  If you've ever been there, you know this is the height of joyfulness.  


I imagine this was David's experience too in II Samuel 6:14-15 - Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might, while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets.



It's not hard to imagine David dancing with all of his might and with his eyes closed.  If God has ever done anything for you, you have a reason to rejoice.  Life's too short to be sad all the time.  Why not take some time to dance?!?!!!









Lord, thank You for making us a people who can dance and dance with others.  Help us to shout as well as we sulk.  Please remind us to leave our concerns at Your feet and rejoice in the victory we have in You.  Thank You for it all.  In Christ's name, Amen.


-j.a.g.







No comments: