Friday, January 25, 2013

God Hit Me - Pt. 1

The last two months have been a roller-coaster of emotions and experiences.  We lost three loved ones; Ashley's Granny, Ashley's high school friend, and my uncle.  We welcomed our daughter.  To complicate things, Ashley has recently been diagnosed with a condition that affects her nerves and muscles.  We've spent the last few weeks between doctors and hospital visits.  In between financial burdens,  physical trials, emotional stresses, and late nights with a newborn, it has been a wild season.

Jocelyn put it perfectly yesterday.  We were in the car and she was talking to herself (which she loves to do).  When we parked, she said "God hit me".  Wow, I thought to myself.  "God hit you?", I replied.  "Yes", she said.  "And how did it feel?", I asked.  She responded matter-of-factly, "It hurt." 



That is exactly right, I thought.  Lately, it has felt like God hit me too... and it definitely hurt.  


I probably can stop right there... in fact, I will.  Click here for pt 2...

No comments: